JEWISH TEMPLE : CLEVELAND, OHIO : WILSON AVENUE : TROLLEY : JUDAICA POSTCARD

This vintage lithographic postcard features the Wilson Avenue Jewish Temple, located in Cleveland, Ohio. Note the trolley coming down the street as well as the pedestrian traffic.This temple, Tifereth Israel (Glory to Israel), was founded in 1850 and is Cleveland’s second oldest active Jewish congregation. In 1924 the the congregation left the Wilson Avenue location to move into a new synagogue. This postcard is from the 1910’s. It was published by the Cleveland News Company but printed by a German firm (Litho-chrome). (SOLD)