JEWISH TEMPLE : CLEVELAND, OHIO : WILSON AVENUE : TROLLEY : JUDAICA POSTCARD

This vintage lithographic postcard features the Wilson Avenue Jewish Temple, located in Cleveland, Ohio. Note the trolley coming down the street as well as the pedestrian traffic.This temple, Tifereth Israel (Glory to Israel), was founded in 1850 and is Cleveland’s second oldest active Jewish congregation. In 1924 the the congregation left the Wilson Avenue location to move into a new synagogue. This postcard is from the 1910’s. It was published by the Cleveland News Company but printed by a German firm (Litho-chrome). (SOLD)

SYNAGOGUE : BALTIMORE : EUTAW PLACE : RAPHAEL TUCK : VINTAGE POSTCARD

This vintage postcard features an early Synagogue located in Baltimore, Maryland. The temple was on Eutaw Place. A street sign bearing the name “Eutaw Place” can be seen near the right edge of the image. The temple was built in 1892 to serve the German Jewish immigrants living in Baltimore. The synagogue seated 2,200 people. This postcard was published by Raphael Tuck & Sons as part of a series (no.1016).The card has a crease on it’s bottom left hand corner. The postcard is in overall good condition (see scans). (SOLD)

Published in: on April 24, 2022 at 12:00 pm  Comments (2)  
Tags: , , , ,

JEWISH TEMPLE : SYNOGOGUE : COLUMBUS, OHIO : (1913)

This vintage postcard features a Jewish Temple (Temple Israel) located in Columbus, Ohio. The Synagogue was located on Bryden Road. The temple was part of the Reform Judaism movement. The building finished construction in 1904. The postcard was published by Haenlein Brothers. The card was postmarked in 1913. SOLD